Property Market Update – Lisboa – Julho 2020
This report compares the 1st quarter with the period between March and May 2020, that is, broadly speaking, the period before and after the pandemic.
- The number of transactions fell by almost 50%. Arroios was hit harder, with -70%. Beato was the least affected, rising +23%;
- The Eastern part of the city was less affected than the Western part (drops in transactions of -67.2% in Alcântara and -62.7% in Belém, and increases of + 17.4% in Marvila and 22.6% in Beato);
- The transaction price/sqm fell slightly by -4.7%, with the greatest impact in Alcântara (-17.9%), Campolide (-17.6%) and Santa Maria Maior (-15.3%);
- The Asking Price/sqm remained practically unchanged (+0.6%), and the available inventory increased 5.5%;
- According to the first provisional data for June and the beginning of July, the market is recovering, although still at levels below 2019 (about -10% in the number of transactions).
Download the document now through the popup window.